Information received and collected
When you access, use or register as a subscriber to the Wikistrat Network, the following information may be received and/or collected by us (“Information”):
- Registration details, Username and Password: When registering as a subscriber you will be asked to provide certain personal information, including your name, email address, contact details, billing information and password (“Personal Information”). You have no obligation to provide such information but will not be able to register as a subscriber or receive certain services if you do not provide it.
- Transaction Information: we may retain details of transactions or payments you make through the Wikistrat Network.
- Cookies information: When you access the Wikistrat Network through any communication device, we store a small data file on that device (called cookie) which enables us to improve the quality of service provided to you, for example by making it easier for you to login again. The cookie also enables us to track user preferences and trends. You can block or remove cookies via your browser settings but that may impact on your use of the Wikistrat Network.
- Information collected or produced when using the Wikistrat Network: We may receive or collect information produced during or in relation to your activities on the Wikistrat Network, including the content you create and access, advertisements you read, web pages you visited, the time, date and login information (including browser type and language) of any of your activities on the Wikistrat Network, the location of the communication device and internet protocol (IP) address through which you accessed the Wikistrat network, any phone number from which you send SMS messages and its associated carrier and details of payments you made through the Wikistrat Network.
- Information received from third parties: we may receive information relating to your communications, activities or transactions with third parties accessing, using or posting materials on the Wikistrat Network (including other users).
Use of Information
Information received and collected by us may be used, subject to any applicable legislation, for the following purposes:
- To allow you faster and easier access to the Wikistrat Network as an identified user;
- To provide, maintain, monitor, measure, protect and improve our services to you and other users and the Wikistrat Network and its Content; for example, we may offer, change or discontinue content or services to users in accordance with their requirements and preferences;
- To ensure the orderly and proper operation and functionality of the Wikistrat Network;
- To ensure compliance with our Terms and any applicable legislation;
- To detect and address illegal, unlawful or harmful activities and content;
- To protect and enforce our rights or the rights of other users and third parties;
- To contact and communicate with you from time to time, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive such communications (by opting out);
- To customize your use of the Wikistrat Network and its Content; or
- To offer you personal or customized products or services, directly or through third parties, based on non identifiable statistical or characteristic information relating to user activities and preferences that is not Personal Information.
Information Sharing and Transferring
We will not share with or transfer to any third party Information about you except in the following circumstances (or if we reasonably believe such circumstances apply):
- It is permitted by you;
- It is required for the purpose of providing our services to you, including without limitation to detect, prevent or minimize any security or technical issues;
- It is required to enable third parties to provide to you products or services that you have requested them to provide;
- It is required for the protection or enforcement of our rights or the rights of other users and third parties;
- It is required to ensure your compliance with, or investigate or address your breach of, the Terms or any applicable legislation or to investigate or address a breach by you of the Terms or any applicable legislation;
- It is required by law, a competent judicial authority, an authorized law enforcement entity or government agency;
- It is required to prevent or minimize loss or damage to any person, property, thing or the environment;
- It is for the purpose of legal or dispute resolution proceedings of any kind between you and us, other users or third parties in relation to the Wikistrat Network or its Content;
- The information is not Personal Information, and it is shared or transferred as an anonymous, statistic or aggregative information.
We apply various security measures to secure the Information received and collected by us and protect it from unauthorized access, disclosure or use. Such measures include keeping sensitive account and credit information on a secured server behind a firewall and encrypting it, monitoring and analysing suspicious or abnormal user activity, responding to user concerns, and suspending, limiting or terminating access to users breaching the Terms.
While such measures reduce the risk of security breaches, no measures can provide absolute or perfect protection. We can not control actions of third parties or guarantee that Information will not be subject to unauthorized access or use, and to the fullest extent permitted by law we will not responsible for any such unauthorized access or use or its consequences.
Please inform us of any security violations you become aware of at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing and removing Information
You may notify us of or request changes or updates to your subscription information any time, including username and password, at email@example.com. We will need to verify your identify before any change or update can be processed. We may in our sole discretion to the fullest extent permitted by law refuse any request to change or delete information in whole or in part if it is unreasonable, impracticable, or requires disproportionate time, effort or resources.
You may ask us to change or remove User Materials posted by you on the Wikistrat Network at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to verify your identify before your request can be processed. To the extent practicable, we will endeavour to make the requested change or deletion, but may not be able to do so in relation to User Materials that have been already copied or stored by other users or third parties outside of our control. We may in our sole discretion to the fullest extent permitted by law refuse any request to change or remove User Materials in whole or in part if it is unreasonable, impracticable, or requires disproportionate time, effort or resources.
Even if we change, update or delete Information as requested by you, we may retain a copy of it for our records or back up copies for our internal administration, compliance and enforcement purposes.
Changes to this Policy